- Student: I'm not going to go to college because I don't want to go into debt.
- USA: YOU USELESS PIECE OF SHIT. YOU'RE GOING TO AMOUNT TO NOTHING YOU FUCKING SCUMBAG. YOU'RE THE REASON WHY MY TAXES ARE SO HIGH.
- Student: I'm just going to attend a small community college instead.
- USA: HAHAHA YOU WERE TOO STUPID TO GET INTO A GOOD UNIVERSITY. ENJOY YOUR MCDONALD'S DIPLOMA.
- Student: I attended a four year university and received a diploma in a field I am interested in. Now I am $50,000+ in debt.
- USA: YOU DUMBASS. WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GO TO COLLEGE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT? YOU DIDN'T EVEN CHOOSE A USEFUL MAJOR EITHER. GOD PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE ME SICK.
my phone ended up in the lake after a jokingly made bet was taken seriously, my radio was with my phone during its dip, and now my laptop considers itself too cool to stay cool.
Oy, sometimes these things just suck
I miss having someone I can say anything to, irl is needed here.
I need physical feedback, not just kind words. I need to see what they’re saying, regardless of what’s coming out of their mouth.
This, is where the internet and being surrounded by co-workers 24/7 falls sadly short.
- B: UUUHHHHHH
- Jack: AHHHHHH
- B: AUUGHHHHH
- Jack: AAAAUUUGHHHHHHH
- B: AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
- Jack: AAAAAUHHHHHHHHH!
- B: People outside will think we're having weird sex.
- Jack: We aren't?
Late night Halo is the best kind of Halo.
Hologram traps, Jetpack sniping, hammer fails, total flukes, sniper mistakes, line of fire hilarity, sticky grenades, rocket overkill, yoinks.
A good evening all round.
- friend: i'm so bored..
- me: well, how 'bout reading a book?
- friend: hahahaha omfg are you stupid? i hate reading, it's soooo boring! how can you tell me to read a book lmfao lol
- friend: everything ok?
- me: i will make it look like an accident.
Ahuh, so all those text messages back and forth? They count for what, exactly? :P
Big Bang Theory is not funny.
Quite a few people have written in letting me know about an extension called “Missing e” that fills in a number of functions that tumblr seems to lack, ones I could be using for this blog. I’d like to thank all who wrote but also I want to take some time to explain why I don’t use it, and never will.
You may have noticed that tumblr has sort of declared war on it. They forbid its use in the terms and conditions, post a good deal of requests not to use it, blame it for any technical problems and so on and so forth. Naturally I was curious as to why they went above and beyond the the typical disdain for third party software. What I found gave me a lot of sympathy for tumblr and a severe disdain for that little bit of code called Missing e.
Wow. READ THIS. Like, for realz
For several reasons.
While I had considered and looked forward to going swimming today, it only took 20 minutes of driving to give me a sunburn on both arms (I have no idea why it isn’t just one). Also, it’s 30C outside, so not gonna even bother with that.
So now I’m indoors, thoroughly peeved with Walmart because they said there’s something wrong with my bank account and not their machine. Whelp, they’re wrong, I just checked my bank account and it’s perfectly fine. So no snack food while I watch Avatar the Last Airbender.
Yeah so I guess an update is in order too.
- Work is winding down with fewer and fewer groups now
- I’ve completely abandoned socks in favour of my Vibram toed shoes (which really need to be washed now lol)
- Only 30 days until I’m home again and unemployed. Not really looking forward to that last part, but it will be great to be home
- I’ve realized I can no longer get away with wearing translucent t-shirts in the summer. Yeah that black ink tattoo tends to show through
- We’re supposed to have a thunderstorm tomorrow afternoon, I am very much looking forward to it
- At home the annual camp Spring Forth Newfoundland has already started. Figures the weekend I’m off is the one weekend that there’s something cool going on at home :/
And that’s about it. Ask box is open as usual :)